Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Monday, February 20, 2017

A colorful treat

Question for you ... share with me what a small, simple thing is that you do for yourself when you want to treat yourself? Something that doesn't mean spending loads of money, eating lots of calories, or investing time when you don't have the time to really pamper yourself? Y'all know those moments I mean ... something just to give you a little give you a boost of happy for a moment?

For me, it was always my flowers... digging in the dirt, breaking the dirt clods with my fingers into tiny dust balls, smelling the freshly turned soil, seeing the flowers bloom, enjoying the soft pastels as well as the bright colors. I don't even mind the weeding of the flower beds as it gives me time to reflect on God's miracles of such beauty blooming from such a tiny kernel of seed.  But I digress, pardon me ...

Flowers have been missing from my world for quite some time.  This weekend, having collected the amount due from another bag I made and sold ... more on that further on ... instead of using the dollars for groceries or gas ... I splurged on flowers.  Okay, so maybe just a few pansies, but for this girl from the northern realm of Montana, pansies in February still a wonder to me.

This is my small, simple treat... when I look out my window during the day, I get to enjoy the pretty faces of my pansies. Simple pleasures.  Bonus here ... using my phone on Saturday, I took my youngest daughter with me to pick out the flowers and while I held the phone to the display of flowers, she made her selection via FaceTime.  Bonus for me, as not only do I get to see my pretty pansies, I get to enjoy them knowing my baby girl helped pick them out.  Cool and cooler!

So ...  I mentioned above that I sold a bag in order to purchase these beauties. By word of mouth and the kindnesses of co-workers, family, and friends, I've picked up the stray odd-jobs.  Here are some recent projects, including this past week's which was another favorite, the Saturday Market Bag, pattern by Heather Bailey.



I mentioned last week that I would share a few of the other items I've made, and while I've been saving them to my Pinterest boards, I know many do not visit there ... so, I'm attaching a few for your viewing here... 



This week I am only including the "bags" as I do believe you would be bored and overwhelmed if I tried to include everything I've tried to create in my blogging absence. It appears that when I lost both my laptop and my desktop to virus last fall, many of my pictures went down with the machines, and blessed and lucky are you fine folks as you do not have to suffer the slide show of viewing all my many creations ... they would be more of the same in the many variations of colors.

Thank you for visiting with me today.  I look forward to coming back and visiting with you again in the very near future.  Believe it or not, but I've actually made a quilt or two during my absence that I'd be happy to share if you would all indulge me and then perhaps we could get on to more fun things ... more to come on that later....

Bless you and please, come again!










4 comments:

  1. Dear wonderful Wendy! I am with you....my favoritest (not a real word I know) treat to myself has always, and remains, going to a nursery and picking out a few flowery treats! It is so difficult to imagine that you are able to purchase, let alone plant, fresh bedding plants this time of year. Why, here in Eastern Oregon the snow is still stacked in the shadows and nights are so cold that I am sure that it will be ages before planting treats such as your pansies will be in my future. How wonderful that your sweet daughter was able to help chose the ideal plants to bring home with you. Ahhhhhhh, the memories of times gone by when my own little girls would pick out 'special' pansies for me.
    Your bags are wonderful! As always your talent and choice of fabrics are excellent. I love your projects! Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself and day with us here. I am so pleased to see you back in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely mother... I love you too!!

      Delete
  2. I would do the same thing, buying some nice plants for my garden or some flowers for in a vase. it always make a room or garden a bit special. Love the bags you made !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely flowers are a necessary thing in my life. It will just be a few months yet before I can buy any here. And I look forward to seeing all that you've made while you've been away.

    ReplyDelete