Monday, March 26, 2012

Odds and Ends ...

How is it you can find so very much stuff when you move that you don't remember even owning but you have to pack and find a place to store it when you get to your new place ... but the things you actually need and know you own, you lose???



I have a camera ... had ... and I remember seeing it when I moved into my current apartment.

Do you think I could find it now??? Ha!

Well, lucky for me, my daughters reminded me my iPod takes photos ... so I can share a couple with you and before you look, please excuse the quality, but remember, a post with bad pictures is often better than a post with no pictures ...

and if not, don't tell me ... I am going bald tearing my hair out trying to find the stuff I know I owned before I moved all of the stuff I forgot or didn't know I owned before I moved!!! 

LOL LOL LOL


So .... my darlings wanted to share they very recent gifts they received in the mail at our new location ...
and, of course, it had to be displayed just right ....
on the bunkbed set that mommy dearest (me) put together for them
(internet shopping and credit accounts are wonderful things!!)

Aren't these munchkins looking adorable??

They send their happiest thank yous to the very dear, dear sender of
their favorite new sleep pals ... Thank you, thank you!!



 I also unburied my dear companion who I've dearly missed in the
past few weeks and sewed up this little 6 1/2 inch gem:

for Michele's Modern Mini Round Robin
If there is a name for this block ... I haven't a clue because
as far as I know I made it up in by bitty brain tonight and
sewed it together.   Can you tell I couldn't settle on a color?
:) :) :)

Well, it's on it's way to France by the end of the week ...
How Exciting!!!
My block will be more worldly and better traveled than I will ever be ..

The night is getting late for me and I do have to rise early in the morning
to drive the girls to their school and then get to work ... so I best
be heading for the ol' bed and pillows.

I do have one question for all of you wonderful, thoughtful and
kind people ... besides chocolate and caffiene,
when you need to get yourself a boot in the backside
to get yourself back over to the happy side of the fence,
is there a trick or a treat you do for yourself to assist your
way along?  Hot soak in the tub is out for me ... let's face it,
two elementary daughters, one bathroom and a very tiny tub
are not condusive to a peaceful evening soak!
No wine or alcohol as I have to be a responsible adult ... dang it all! :)

What say you ... got any tips for when a frown needs turned upside down?

I send out to each of you a huge, huge internet hug
with my profound gratitude for everyone that has
shown me such love and support and who helps me
by being who you are to me.

Thank you!!

Warm hearted wishes,


14 comments:

  1. First I have to tell you that I love your block. Right up my alley. I'm going to have to think long and hard as to what I will be adding to it.

    The bunk beds look really comfy. Can I come for a sleep over?

    As for needing to get some umph back...how about a nice walk? Since you can't indulge in many of the other great devices others use, the fresh air might do you a ton of good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plug in that iPod and crank up some upbeat tunes! You'll be tappin' your toe soon and gettin' those happy endorphins (sp?) activated in no time at all.

    That's quite a creative block you've made for the round robin. I know what I would add to it, but I don't get to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also suggest a walk - good for the mind and the soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little munchkins are too cute...adorable...smile with them...turn on some toe tapping music and dance with your girls...wish you lived around the corner....here is a big squishy hug from Michigan...xop

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Girls...now don't you look great in your new surroundings..love your bunk beds..are those drawers as well as steps to get in..who sleeps on top?
    You have turned a corner all of you..and now I can only see such happiness and laughter

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh your block...wow....now I should have added more colour to mine lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh and I think this saying says it all....

    "sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together"
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Change is exciting, just like Christmas, but then the day after comes...and it can be a bit sad. Rent a chick flick, like Sleepless in Seattle or You've Got Mail or How To Lose A Guy in Ten Days, grab some hand stitching and a cup of hot chocolate and relax. Let some things go...not just the past although that's part of it, but also the every-day like housework and unpacking. Housework is never done. It will wait until tomorrow. Start a journal and do it today. Every night list your blessings of that day. You don't have to write a lot but make that list. You will be totally amazed by what a lift that will give you before you go to sleep. It lowers your blood pressure, relaxes your body and soothes your mind - seriously, there's been a study. I heard it on Dr. Oz so you know it's true! :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful block!! And....I am all for 'Sleepless in Seattle'! Wanna watch it together? The camera will show up where you least expect it to be.... (((smiles)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a Navy wife for 23 years - we moved 15 times - 7 states, two countries (England for 3 yrs.) I learned to just slow down on the unpacking. Sometimes things would be hiding for 6 months - then you find it in an obvious place! I find a pedicure/manicure certainly smoothes my soul. Or I go to the library for an hour and read magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They say the scent of oranges is supposed to make you feel happy...find a favorite orange scent. Treat yourself to a trip to the library for a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girls, I LOVE how cozy your room looks!! Looks like you made a tent! Steps into your bed, that is so very cool!! Now you sleep tight and have very sweet dreams.
    Wendy, I so agree about the movie, but, I would also have to add some candy to that, and by that I mean Chocolate! And the packing, I also agree, take your time. It will get done. Right now enjoy your girls and take some time for you.
    I love your block, bright colors, my favorite. Let me at it!! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Sweet Wendy! How I wish you were closer to Ogden, Utah, I would take you to lunch and we would share some giggles. I have a strategy that works for me when I am sad or mad and want to change my mood . . . I remember a particularly happy memory in vivid detail and close my eyes and visualize myself back in that moment. Kind of a meditation moment - hope it works for you! If not, just truly believe that there are people you don't even know sending you prayers and best wishes and there are miracles in that!
    “Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's arrived :) safe and sound...now I'm pondering and planning ;o)

    ReplyDelete