Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Goodness!

Goodness, me! 
I cannot believe I let a whole month go by without a post ....
and what a month it was!
Well, I found my computer, dusted off the cobwebs,
determined the keyboard still works,
and I'm dropping by to say I'm still here ...
 pretty much anyway!

Happiest New Year Wishes!!

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to see the end of 2011!! 
While what has kept me away isn't quite finished,
I do see a glimmer of hope that the end of the tunnel is near
and what remains of me may one day be whole again
.... if not stronger and better. Praise be!!

I can report I am still dearly attached to quilting,
though I've more often than not been making
 smaller projects lately instead of full size quilts....
take a look:

Commissioned bag ... client chose fabrics

Table runner for Gift Exchange at Work

Better picture of fussy-cut centers

mug mats for daughters' teachers' Christmas gifts

Table topper for my boss and his wife for Christmas

Table topper for my friend and day-care provider,

Computer bag for myself ... not quite as pleased with color combination ...
so may have to end up turning inside out ... or maybe a large applique :).

Gift for my co-worker ... colors and design
just had her name all over them :)

Okay, so the pictures aren't the best, but heck, I'm just lucky I got them taken before I had to gift wrap most of these for Christmas gifts.  ... I really missed time to sit down at my machine, it felt good putting stitches in fabric again.  Better make sure I don't wait too long before it happens again.

My job is going well and my daughters amaze me every day,
and though I didn't say always in a good way ...
 they amaze me by teaching me how much patience I've learned to have.
{{chuckle}}

I hope to have more to share with you again soon. 
To all of you who have emailed to check on me,
bless your heart and thank you so very much for letting me know you care...
the long distance hugs are so very appreciated!




Blessings to you! 
and, until next time,

Happy hugs and warm hearted wishes~~


13 comments:

  1. It is nice to hear from you - gentle hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy to see your post, but now I see you were very busy. :) Happy New Year!

    Nancy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these all look great! I made mug rugs for my kids teachers too :-) you have some really nice quilts there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you Wendy - we've missed you! And, goodness, so many pretty little projects you've made - love them all. I know 2011 was a tough year, but I'm wishing you much joy and happiness in 2012. Hugs :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you Wendy but I know that some things just take time to sort out. I hope your sorting is going well! You've made some beautiful things and my favorite is that table topper for your boss and his wife with the funny trees - that's wonderful! I'm going to pin that so I can remember it - I could make something similar for Christmas presents next year. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to see you again, Wendy....Miss you, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful projects! My...what would you have accomplished if you would have had more time! You are AMAZING!! So good to see your post again...know 2010 will be a better year for you! FAITH little one! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!! Happy Nee Year! I know it will be a wonderful one for you. Boy have you been busy!! Give the girls a hug and tell them, "Baked a Cake" is back on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Wendy!! So glad to see you in blogland and that you are OK just busy....that is good. hugs Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy, what beautiful projects you've been up to. Table toppers are such nice gifts, everyone loves the, right? :) Nice to see you've been sewing. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been wondering where you are.....Glad to see you're keeping busy..Miss seeing you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello again! I have to say that I zeroed in on your ironing board and love the use of Authentic for it! That is cute. (let me know if you have any scraps of it that you want money for) :) Good to see your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to find out how you made the christmas table topper for your boss. Where can I find the instructions. I would like to make one for my mom.

    ReplyDelete