Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Workin' on a Cure ...



While I'm busily working on a cure
for that which is Ghastlie
{{wink, wink}} ...

You see ... she and I have a date on Monday, October, 24th

And it just MIGHT have something to do with this house ...

BUT ...

That's all for another post

{{big cheesy grin!!}}

So, meanwhile, what I can show you ...

most of you have heard of chain-piecing???

Well, how about chain, quilting?

LOL

Friday, one of our Executive Assistants thought it'd be cool
for Bosses' Day to put together little treat bags,
and, me being me ...
well, can't have coffee and a treat
without a mug mat ...

twelve of them.

Yes.
Twelve.
Started Sunday.

Finished Monday evening.

Even printed fabric logo labels.

Yes, I rock ...

as in ...

rock hard head!

Don't know no better!
I now have anodher chod.

LOL

I'm off to shop online for some
Cold FX
Hear it's the BOMB for the immune system!
Let's hope so :)
since I obviously have no plans to sleep
and my daughters are here to stay...

Hugs to you all and thank you a million for
supporting me with your kind comments ...
each is felt like a hug in my heart!!

Yes, just my head is hard,
my heart is pure mush :)

Warm hearted wishes, til next time ...


author's addition:

Tonight, for the lovely Exec Assistant that thought
up the idea of treat bags for the bosses,
and in turn, earned me a
thank you note from my boss ...
It's a small token, but full of gratitude for my co-worker.

16 comments:

  1. Awesome I love how you did that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Awesome!! You co-worker will love the 'treat' you have made for her....
    Excellent job, as always. You are a veery talented young lady! (wink) Sorry about another 'code in your node' so soon after surviving the recent last one. Bad old code!!....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did all those! On second thought, yes I can. :) I hope that cold goes quickly. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that house looks familiar. It's been haunting me in my dreams (and while I'm awake too). lol. I love your chain quilting. It made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm impressed. You did all those in a day! You Rock! I too am the department crafty person. I know the feeling. :D

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Wendy!! Chain quilting!!! What a sweet and special treat! Yes Cold FX is the bomb, I had to get mine on Amazon. But take it everyday! I wonder if we heard about this from the same person "wink" :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I love that idea...12 of them as in a dozen..obviously I see them...oh my I just love them...love them..and yes Ms Wendy Ghastlie your day is coming...now this I too am excited about...
    well off I go, I have a few photos myself to take...nice to get a note from D boss. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well here is a hug from me to you. I hope you start feeling better soon. It is yucky having a "anodher chod". LOL! Very funny! Your mug mats are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, Ib so sowwy you hab a cohd. Id doh fud havid a cohd. Pweez ged beddeh sood. Hab lodz of zoop and keeb keenex deahby.
    Seriously, friend, hope you are much better, and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are having fun with the ghastlies.
    The mug mats and treat bags sound like a lovely idea. The mats look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh yes I think you are ready...see you in the blog hop in the morn....ohhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mug rugs!!! Love how you 'chain quilted' them!!! I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are great, did you machine stitch the binding on? I usually do by hand on the back and did four place mats not too long ago, PHEW that took forever to stitch onto the back, next time I'll machine sew I'm sure. new follower from a GHASTLY link :-)
    check out mine

    ReplyDelete