Monday, September 19, 2011

Yes, It's Me.

This is me.



oh-kay




This was me.

only

better.





 
:)



I wish I looked this good last week.

Heck, my family and co-workers

wished I looked this good last week.

Honestly, I'm better

and I sincerely

thank my friends and family

for their good wishes

for feeling better.



You know, there oughta be a vaccine for parents of children
at the beginning of every school year.


I. Do. Not. Jest.



:)


Either that, or we should seriously either receive
massive discounts from Kleenix,
or just break down
and buy stock in the dang company!


Okay.

Done whining.

This week :)




This weekend, I did fulfill my 5 yr old's request

for a new skirt. ... I had these materials pegged

for dresses but knew skirts were quicker

and I'd score in making them happier, faster.

Yay me!

Me, being me, totally did my own thing with the
pattern, so while I did start with a Simplicity pattern, they neither one look like the original picture.



All the better :)


















Finally, in a brief moment of peace,



(huh?)





(really???)



This beauty is one of the last moss rose on my front porch ... beautiful and makes me smile.

(... stolen moment of peace ....)


I wish I could supply the beautiful aroma


that this gorgeous old fashioned
Stock provides ...

and when it's warm,



the fragrance is devine!





 

I wish each and every one of you the happiest of happies in the days until we next get to visit. I have a few projects on the sewing machine that I'm looking forward to sharing with you, so please stay tuned!

Thank you for visiting!!




P.S. .....

Remember the really cool giveaways happenin' over at



Wantobe Quilters and Quilters have

six more weeks of opportunities.

YAY!!











8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hear ya - the start of school brings the start of cold, mumps, measels, strep, head lice, all the goodies!!! Soooo glad I don't have to deal with it - pay back. My poor daughter is now going thru it with her boys and self (works for a school district). Love the skirts and look forward to you other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are feeling a bit 'above' the weather now instead of 'under' the weather... Hmmmm...New phrase? The skirts are so cute! What a treat for those sweeties of yours! Love the last 'moss' rose of summer, it sure passed us by quickly didn't it? Take care of you. Have a great week! (((smiles)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh you was feeling bad..and I was terribly sad...not that you are feeling better, I am feeling glad...love the skirts...love them..your girls are certainly the envy of many ...no doubt about it....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the school business we always said we could tell the new teachers because at the beginning of school they all got sick. All the old teachers had worked up an immunity to the small creatures. (Children and germs both!) :) I'm so sorry you were sick but glad you're better. Love your flower picture - stunning color. And the skirts are darling. I remember when I was your girls' age and my grandmother sewing for me. It was always such a treat. You're making great memories for your little ones. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new school year. We always have the same thing happen, we get sick too! But at least it is done and over!! Love your sewing. Your girls always look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have what we used to call in the school teacher business, "New Teacher Syndrome"!! us old farts had immune systems of steel until we started getting older and then we knew it was time to retire...So I Did!! Glad you feel better sweetheart!
    Those skirts are just THE cutest things ever!! I would like some aprons made from those fabrics.
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so glad that I no longer have to worry so much about "what the kids will bring home" (and I don't mean a squirmy puppy!). Youngest is out of college, so we don't get exposed to too much now...hmmm, she just started up with community theater - better take a vitamin c! LOL Love your skirts you made!

    ReplyDelete