Friday, May 13, 2011

Bloggers’ Quilt Festival, Spring 2011






Okay, so Blogger had a small "problem" but seems to be back up right now, so I'm taking advantage of it.
 
Bloggers' Quilt Festival, Spring 2011

This is my entry for this year's Festival.  My completed Postage Stamp Quilt which I made in participation with Rachel of psiquilt

 I used Kansas Trouble Quilt materials. and I've decided to gift it to my Dad for Father's Day

If you were able to see the quilting on it, I quilted "Happy Father's Day Dad, 2011 I Love You" across this side.  And then, I quilted this face, a cat's face:

instead of another swirl to complete the last quilted row.  He will totally love the joke.  It made my heart smile when I decided to do it.  Every card for every occassion that I've sent to him for the past 20-some years has been a Garfield card....it's a very long standing "something" that only he and I have and I couldn't resist including it here.  You see, we almost lost my dad seven years ago and we are blessed with every day that we've had him since.  I don't know why it's taken me this long to make him a quilt, but this quilt "felt" like it belonged to him and since I wanted to include a quilt in this Festival .... tada ...

One completed quilt, one Father's Day gift fulfilled.

This Festival also marks my one year anniversary of my blogging.  Thank you so much for the inspiration and kick in the hiney to get going, Amy!!

WOW!!  I started my blog with the idea of "Why not just do it...."  hence the name "Why Knot"

So, if you are a follower of mine, and you come back after the Bloggers' Quilt Festival Amy and the numerous sponsors have so very generously put together for us, I promise you a very worthwhile one year anniversary giveaway.

Until then,  thank you ever so much for visiting, I hope to see you again and happy Bloggers' Quilt Festival hopping!!


 I ran outta gas ... LOL


36 comments:

  1. This is such a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy - Your postage stamp quilt turned out so beautiful! I love the slightly darker background. Congrats on the ONE Year Anniversary as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect quilt Wendy, and a perfect way to honor your dad with the cat quilting! I know he will love it and be touched because it came from your hands. My parents both died 7 years ago and I miss them so much that I can't even express it. Love on him while he's here....you'll be so glad you did! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy!!! Wow, that is so very special. I love it so much and of course he will too!! Daughters and their Daddy's=Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure your dad will cherish his quilt and smile every time he looks at the quilted cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I am out of gas just thinking how many squares you had to cut for this...but dahling it is amazing. A real GUYS treat or rather DAD, the colors are perfect...even my man would like that...and he does fancy many quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, this is such a special quilt! It is absolutely beautiful, and the little personal touches you added are just wonderful. You have such a great heart, and such a great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey we were april banner buddies and now we are BQF neighbours #39 & #40!!! We have a goldfish named Garfield you has been around for 7 years! your quilt is a wonderful for your dad. I love Kansas troubles, great fabric for guys! take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful! Love the little birdie at the beginning and end of your post today - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect gift Wendy. I bet your Dad will love it! Congrats on your one year-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love postage stamp quilts and this one is just so vintage looking. A great Father's Day QUilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fabulous! I love postage stamp quilts and you have a great story to accompany yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story and a truly handsome manly quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that is just so special...he will love the "guy" colors, and the cat that is a special token from you to him...this was so great to see. It's definitely a "smiley" quilt - you smiled making it, and he will smile using it! I am glad that Blogger got put back together so we could see this!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it - I need to make a postage stamp quilt - perhaps as a leaders and enders.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great quilt and story. Love your quilting. The cat is really fun. Great colors. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely quilt, and the quilting really makes it so much more special - I'm sure your dad loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet story!
    There is something special between a Girl and her Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have so much patience to complete a wonderful quilt like this. It looks great. What a special gift for your father!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A real m ale quilt, I bet Dad will love it. I like the phone box background too, not many red boxes left here ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the quilt, your father is a lucky guy.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, your postage stamp turned out great and the little joke is just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty quilt! I love the little quilted cat.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely quilt, and what fun quilting! I'm sure your father is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic quilt with a great story behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great quilt and a perfect Father's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wendy,
    the quilt is fabulous and I am sure your father will find the special quilting the best part. It makes it so personal!
    Happy blog anniversary! We are all so glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great story, thanks so much for sharing it! The quilt is totally snuggly, it will keep your Dad warm in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it! You did a great job on it! And what a fun story. I am sure your Dad is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great present for your father. It is a beautiful quilt and lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Its a really lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the quilt and even more so the story behind it...it is sure to put a smile on your Dad's face this Father's Day (and not just because of gas!) Smiles, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  33. How fun is that? I love the look of your postage stamp quilt and the kitty face is just the perfect touch and will be so special to him.

    Cheers!
    Rachel
    http://www.dewberrylane.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a gorgeous quilt, with a sweet message tucked inside. I am sure your Dad will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are beyond special....just sayin!

    ReplyDelete