Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Hello Monday!


Are ya smilin' yet????

Well ... just wanted to share a smile with ya today...

Also, just so you don't think I didn't get anything done this weekend, I did change my view from this:

To this:

I took one very inexpensive, old frame that's been gathering dust under the bed, or in the closet, I forget ...

and covered it with an equally old, un-needed sheet...

then covered the whole with a layer or two of batting...

I cut a piece of beautiful, lovely fabric large enough to stretch around to the backside of frame and materials...

and after securing the back with a few pins, I replaced the cardboard backing of the frame...

I then took ribbon and tacked the ribbon onto the back of the frame to come up with this beauty:

I adorned the front of my board with buttons for a wonderful "inspiration" board.



I did take many, many more pictures ... fuzzy and dark though they are, really need to get me a new camera (my apologizes!!)  ... but I didn't want to bore you with all of the details.... just let you know how super easy this project was and in the end, I now have inspiration just waiting for me to gaze upon when I need a quick break from the presser foot :)

Oh, and I did get some quilting done on Gammie ... hope to have more to show soon... best be getting back to that now :)

Quiltastitc Monday to you!!


8 comments:

  1. I simply LOVE your project! How nice! Pictures turned out great! Been a busy lady huh? Spring is on the way I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you quack me up, girl!! and no, you're not talking to the compooder.....youz talkin' ta me =D come on over ta my place?

    BIG cyber hugz!
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic Wendy.....brightens up the room and now you have somewhere to keep those notes that get mixed up with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great new view! :-) Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that is one great idea...now you have a picture board....way to go...is that a gammie over here on my right??? you have a gammie....? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Wendy!

    How long have you had your Gammie??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, great tutorial and great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're SO creative! Love it - think I'm going to see if I can find me an old frame around here! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete