Saturday, January 8, 2011

Word Up ...



Okay, Kelly's challenge theme for the Charming Girls Quilt Club this month is to choose a word for the year. We're to choose a word the identifies what we'd like to see more of in our lives in 2011 - what we want to cultivate in our lives!  I'll say this, I've given this a lot of thought and I think I've finally determined my word ...

Persevere

Uplifting? Reflective? Hopeful? I don't know if my word reflects these meanings at first glance, but for me, in my life, I think it's the right word for the coming year...

With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance,
all things are attainable.
~Thomas Foxwell Buxton

When the world says, "Give up," 
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown



Despite who may come or go in your life, what others may or may not say, what obstacles are thrown in or out of your way,  persevere ... have faith in your God and yourself. 

 Tackle that stash, that quilt, that project, that ...
whatever .... just ... 

9 comments:

  1. Wendy that is a great word! I am still mulling my word over in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You may never know how special you are....even to a total stranger, you are special. We all enjoy being in this place with you....
    Remember this all important word...'Persevere'
    You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a winner, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word, Wendy. Actually, it is one of the words I had written on my list before deciding on Inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post - and great word, too! Love the quotes - and how you've explained it! And, I love your sign, too! Wishing you much perseverance in the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.K. you had me at hello, Wendy. I love the blog. I have to also say that while I totally admire your choice of word: persevere; I can only persevere for about 5 minutes until I just can't do it any longer. Just ask my aerobics instructor. I think my word will be: dishwasher. I am sure that you will be more successful with your word than I am with mine. lol.

    Newbee follower,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your word - I am still settling on mine - getting close though. I like your style of writing.

    ReplyDelete