Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mommy Hugs


At this time of year, when so many of us think about new year resolutions and losing weight, for which I have never set myself goals but was determined to this coming new year, I want to share this funny, telling, moment with you.

As I was combing my hair tonight after showering, my shirt raised up and exposed my tummy .... my daughters laughed a bit and the following conversation commenced:

     Abbie ..."I see your belly"

     Me ... "yeah, probably so."

     Abbie  ..."it's kinda chubby."

     Me ... "Yeah, I know, that's why I need to lose some weight."

     Emily ...  "You can't do that."

     Me ... "What? Lose weight?  I need to."

    Emily ... "Well, you can't because then you can't give Mommy hugs."

Both girls then gave me warm squishy hugs ... how can a mom compete with that?

May your final week of the 2010 bring you many, many happy moments and good luck in setting, and achieving, goals for the new year!

~Hugs ~

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pair of little girls you have there!! What wonderful 'gifts from God'!!
    Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what sweethearts! :-) I love the reasoning of children! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little girl has the right idea. Mommy hugs are WAY more important than flat tummies! Happy New Year and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete