Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Finish and Fun

A Finish!!


This is my finished commissioned baby quilt.  Started it Monday. Finished it Friday.
Yay Me!!!  :-)

When she requested pink and brown, I immediately thought of Bunny Hill Designs' Pink Lily & Will for Moda fabric.  Perfect!!  I was told this matched the nursery exactly.  How better than that can a girl get?!!?  I used the pattern, minus the outside border, that we used in the Charming Chatter's Girl Club quilt along.  Thank you Kelly!

Next is my fun sweetness from none other than Ms Kate Spain:


I was her 12 Day Stocking Stuffer giveaway winner for #6.  Notice the petit four of Central Park?  AWWE-SUMMMM! :) Take a look at the details drawn around my address on the envelope.  How cool is that?!?!  She included a 12 Days of Christmas panel with a pattern and a set of really cool Christmas cards that have her designs on them.  WOW!  The ornament is from her panel, which, I believe, she explains how to make on her blog.  Love her blog The Drawing Board.  Even more grateful for her generosity!!
Thank you so much Kate!! 

Well, I best be off to the another Christmas project I'm trying to get done. 
Maybe another finish before the weekend is over?

Possibly :)

Quiltastic day to you!!

19 comments:

  1. I do love that Kate Spain fabric :)

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win and finishing the quilts. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt turned out great, and even better that it fits the nursery perfectly.

    Great gifties...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice quilting, I+m on the first experience and still learning hove to be better in this. Loredana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a pretty blog you have. So Christmas.. Love your quilt you just made too. (Visiting from the Holly Jolly blog).

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! I so completely love the pink and brown. You did a wonderful job on this one! Baby will love being snuggled in it! A great addition to the nursery I am sure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm visiting the blogs on the Holly Jolly Bingo blogroll today and so happy I found your blog! The baby quilt is lovely - the colours remind me of Neopolitan ice cream! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby quilt is wonderful, soft and cuddly looking. I found you on Holly Jolly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your quilt is beautiful and so is your Secret Santa gift. I am glad you enjoyed the swap event...
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby quilt is beautiful! Lovely colors. And such nice gifts you have got. There is a lot of fun in the blog world :)
    Nice to visit your blog, I too came here from the Holly Jolly blog. Greetings from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came over from In Stitches to see your blog. Congrats on your Kate Spain win. I have a friend who won one of the days, too! You made a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! I love pink and brown together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks wonderful and look at that loot from Kate Spain. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky Ducks - Kate Spain 12 Days! The Pink and Brown is just lovely. So soft and delicate and snuggly looking. A fantastic finish I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wendy - I love that quilt! And look at you go girl - in 5 days! Great job! Congrats on your goodies! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful brown and pink quilt...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilt turned out beautiful! Great haul on the giveaway! Love all the little extras!

    ReplyDelete
  18. From one Wendy to another....so lovely to 'meet' you! Thanks for visiting me....i love your blog! and your profile pic reminded me I have the "I love..." BOM from 200.... to start too!!!! *oops*
    Will definitely be back for another visit!
    Looks like our tastes are very similar...I luuuurv that baby quilt - gorgeous!
    sugary hugs XXX Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on you winning and that quilt is so beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete