Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Tuesday Tallies.


Okay. I'm starting here with these adorable little bags.  They're cute, aren't they?  Yes, I did make them. I finished them myself, tonight.  There were four of them, however, one of them escaped into an envelope filled with candy corn and thinks it belongs in the Netherlands somewhere.  What's up with that, I ask?!?!  Well, maybe in a week or so, we can find out the results of the escapee and it's envelope mates.

As for my other project today, besides paying bills, going to the post office, driving children to and from school, cleaning house, ironing husband's work shirts, .... I won't go on here ... I actually found time to quilt this little number on Gammie.  Granted, I believe the table runner was mucho gorgeous before I ever touched it with the quilt machine.  I sincerely hope the lady I quilted it for really did mean she didn't mind how I quilted it as this is how it turned out:



I was pretty pleased with it, all the while reminding myself that every longarm guru had to start somewhere.  While I may be a bit embarrassed over my mistakes and wobbly endeavors, I too, I remind myself, am just beginning this longarm process and maybe, someday, I can look back and think "holy buckets ... that's where I began and people still believed in me!" 

So, to all my supporters and all those who came before me in this gigantous-ly huge quilting world, my undying gratitude!  One of these days, I'll get my 10,000 hours in!  Just in time to learn something more to do :o)

Blessings to all and until next time, quiltastic day to ya!

~hugs~

13 comments:

  1. Love the runner! The little bags are fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The runner is beautiful! Those little bags are fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful runner! From what I can see in the photo, the quilting looks great. And no one else will see the flaws you see...that's what I'm learning. I'm still working on learning free-motion on my machine and it seems I always slip in the most noticeable places. Ugh! I'm reminding myself too that I have to start somewhere. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little bags~ and love the block behind them too. :-) Your quilting looks great! I'm sure your customer will be absolutely thrilled. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to catch up on blog reading tonight, you have me tired out, just reading about all you do, lol. Love the runner, beautiful fabric shades.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bags are darling. I think your quilting really set off the block work in the table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little bags are great and that runner is realy beautiful. Wel done !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilting is beautiful, don't know why you would think there was anything wrong with it, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here I am....I finally made it on your wonderful blog! I must say...it is a very nice place to visit and spend time with a quilter and quilt-lover such as yourself! It is so nifty that you are able to share a bit of your self, family and time with the rest of us here! I LOVE the music and back-ground! It is so nice to have your share your 'holidays' and everydays with us! The runner and the little bags are sooo cute! You do excellent work! Keep it up and keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I envy anyone who owns a 'longarm'! Even if I could afford one, I have nowhere to put it! So just get in there and quilt away- and don't sell yourself short! The runner looks lovely! I'd love a close up of you quilting- maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And that little bag arrived today with the candy corn and halloween fabric. I LOVE it !!! Thank you so much Wendy !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How completely wonderful! Wish I were so talented! The little girls are going to love sharing them at school! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS... absoulutely LOVE the Halloween music!!

    ReplyDelete