Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Between Charming Friends Quilt

Yay!  I finished!!  Thanks in part to my unintentionally-enforced internet downtime, I finished my Between Charming Friends Quilt Along quilt which was graciously hosted by Kelly over at Charming Chatter.  I used Boutique by Chez Moi for Moda fabric ....



My daughter, Emily,  told me I needed flowers in the center squares with lines connecting them, so this is how I quilted it:



I used a natural color thread for the four-patch flowers and then used a pastel-ish verigated thread for the setting triangles and for the wavy lines through the 16-patches. I attempted straight line qulting in the borders .... should have stuck with the Bernina for that ... but it was practice and I will get better.  The rest is all free-hand.  I'm really pleased with the way this cute quilt turned out.  Will definitely be adding it to the "have to make" for Christmas presents list.

10 comments:

  1. I am so happy you hopped over to my blog to let me know this was done. :) It is so cute. The more I see these done, the more I kick myself that I didn't join in the fun. Ahh, too many projects! :) I just love this in Boutique. Great job on your quilting. I get so nervous when I try new quilting techniques that I have to frequently remind myself that if you don't try something new, you'll never get it mastered. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I just love Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely choice of fabric, and the completed project is picture perfect if you ask me...you did ask didn't you? lol...blessings ms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt and blog. Fun!
    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt. It is so fresh and charming. Great quilting. Congrats on finishing this project. Aren't finishes great?

    ReplyDelete
  7. NIce job, girl! Love it! Thanks, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how your quilt turned out, and the quilting is great! Great blog, I enjoyed your pics from Sisters...it is on my bucket-list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy,
    The quilt looks great! I still haven't quilted mine- I have been stuck doing some other things lately, but it is on the list!
    And seeing yours has inspired me to move it up on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wendy - it's so very cute! I love the Boutique fabric - and your daughter was right! Very cute quilting too! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete