Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Inspired (?) Beginning

I've debated for so long on whether or not to blog.  It took me forever to just figure out what a "blog" was.  Now, since I've discovered blogger Amy from Amy's Creative Side and her fantastic Bloggers Quilt Festival, I was inspired to start.  I apologize upfront to all of the real bloggers and the wonderfully creative people that actually know what they are doing, but I had to start somewhere :)

So, for the Bloggers Quilt Festival, I am going to post a picture of the last completed quilt I have.  I, of course, as any commited quilter would, have many, many works in progress.  I refuse to call them UFO's, as I am working on them, its just anyone's best guess when I'll finish them.   This is a quilt I made for my brother in law for Christmas last year.  My husband asked that it had something to do with "fish."  I think I filled his request. 

So, if your willing, please bear with me and I will do my best to not embarrass anyone but myself in this endeavor. 

Best wishes for a "quilt-tastic" day!

Wendy


9 comments:

  1. Is that a Stack-n-Whack type quilt? It certainly is lovely. And yes, I do think you accomplished it with the fish... fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe it would be a stack-n-whack quilt, however, I just bought the swirled blocks "pre-whacked" and then built the quilt around those blocks. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and terrific 1st blog post. Keep up with the blogging, it gets easier as you go. I love the 'prewhacked' comment-sounds like something from a Sopranos mafia quilt.
    Come see my antique quilt entries
    http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
    http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your off to a great start with your blog...you'll soon learn blogging is as addictive as quilting!! :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog and sorry about the drool *grin*
    Oh, as for UFO's....you should call them PhD's.....Projects Half Done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilt! Looks like the stack-n-whack design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow--this is just a fantastic and fun quilt. definitely fulfilled the request!! the blocks are fascinating. great job and thanks so much for sharing. you've done a nice job on your blog also--it's very nicely laid out and you write well. come visit me if you get a chance

    ReplyDelete