Monday, March 31, 2014

No Foolin' - My Flag is Waving!!


I am so pleased to be part of this hop and ... 
to have been one of the lucky recipients of a flag pole from  Flag-Outlet.com 
The Flip Flop mini flag holder I received is adorable and most fitting for helping get the mind out of the winter blues and onto the track of thinking that summer will soon be here ... 

Did you also know that Flags on A Stick has partnered with Sew We Quilt to offer all those entering the blog hop an exclusive chance to win your wish list???

When this hop was announced, asking us to make a flag reflecting something we wished to represent ... this is the picture that came to mind ...


Since I have two youngsters still at home, I often take note of these signs.

Well ... with that in mind, I thought of a sign to warn my children, or whoever else may wander by, that I, a quilter, was at play and they should be cautious!!
{chuckle}

So, I started by drawing this pattern:



And this is where I ended:




You may recognize the lady from Amy Bradley's Have a Happy Scrappy Day pattern ... yep ... you would be correct.  All the drawings I attempted, kept looking like Amy's, just not nearly as fun looking.  I just knew this was the form I wanted to use and it captures ... to me ... the utter joy of playing with the endless possibilities of quilting. With Amy's permission, I was able to use a portion of her silhouette for my flag ... thank you Amy!!  


I believe I will be making another as this one has been requested as a gift.  I'm pondering making dear lady quilter darker, or perhaps outline her in straight black ??? ...
oh the joys of the possibilities when a Quilter is At Play!

Please visit my fellow bloggers today who are also sharing their flags today:




This fun and creative hop is being hosted by Miss Thearica of Pigtales and Quilts with the guidance of our dear Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt... !!  The full schedule for this hop can be found at Pigtales and Quilts should you get distracted at any time during your hop visits ... you can also link directly to Madame Samm's Flags on a Stick Pinterest Board to quickly see all of our waving flags. 



I give my sincere gratitude to both of you ladies for all of the hard work and meticulous efforts put in behind the scenes to coordinate this hop ... you both are top notch!!

I also give my sincere thanks to  Flag-Outlet.com and Flags on A Stick for helping us all enjoy our seasonal flags ...

Best wishes to each of you and thank you for coming for a visit!


54 comments:

  1. It is just darling!! Love the little pieces of fabric she is throwing into the air. Cute, Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun flag! I also love Amy Bradley's designs. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of these, too. Great flag, Wendy. It is so preciously happy. It will brighten your world and maybe others will use caution when interrupting your quilting time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so creative and fun for a flag. I adore your whimsy. Thank you sew very much for Hopping and Flag Flying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess it is tomorrow already. Absolutely love your flag, and I want it too. I think I like best the flying pieces -- feels just like what happens when I sew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolutely fun flag! Love the quilt blocks she is throwing around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very cute flag! I love the flip flops on the flag stand too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just 'sew' cute!!! What a great flag…thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhhh so totally appropriate for us allllll....I JUST LOVE it...and yes in black it would be nice too..but against the yellow the white is magnificent...wayyyy cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol what a great idea, and the end result is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy your flag is so fun and awesome. You have surely put a smile on my face and I am still smiling. Thanks for sharing your creativity and being part of this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's so cute and happy! Makes me want to sew happy, spring things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flag makes me wanna go sew! Great fun flag!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wendy!!!! I needed that laugh this morning...in the middle of another snow storm. Your flag is wonderful!!!! I love your detail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wendy she's just adorable! I love the whimsey of this one - any quilter would love having it! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun quilt! I love the happy quilter :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! What a great idea for a flag! You always have the best ideas. Well done ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wendy, this is an adorable outdoor flag! I love the scraps flying everywhere and your awesome yellow background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhhhh I just love it. Any quilter on the planet would want one of these in her yard! Oh so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. now she could been any of us .... sew much fun to be had at play.... thanks for sharing with us today.
    in stitces

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so cute! You created a flag that reflects how we all feel when we are happily sewing away. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Wendy! Your flag is adorable! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute Wendy, every quilter needs one !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha, ha, ah what a darling flag!!! I Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Wendy love the flag and the sentiment, your next one could be Quilter at Play Do Not Disturb! Thanks for sharing. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now that is just too cute. You could make one for all of us! lol. I like Susie Q's suggestion of "Do Not Disturb!" Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG...I love her! You think like I do. Always ready to have a little fun. Beautiful hub..tops in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simply adorable Wendy...great job!! Happy stitching, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  29. You completely captured the joy of playing with fabric! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your flag looks very happy and filled with joy. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Omg I love it!!!! What a fun flag!

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a fun flag. Sometime she doing what I feel like doing, throwing things into the air. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a joyful flag! I think it is a good idea to warn people so it they are wearing any kind of quiltable fabric, they do so at their own peril.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your flag gave me a good chuckle! It is a fun flag,and is sure to be a great conversation piece!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a fun flag! TYou did a great job!
    cheers
    maggie

    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ha, ha. I love it. Perfect shot at us quilters. She's my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wendy, that is a super sweet quilt! I like the pieced background, I like the font in the flag. I love the 3-D aspect of the confetti and your joyful quilts lady! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Wendy you are so creative and the quilt is gorgeous and so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOL!! What a fun flag!! You executed it beautifully :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hihi, we really have to write caution when we are quilting, you are absolutely right! I love your flag, and with this yellow fabric, it makes it even more full of energy and creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Bahahaha, best flag ever!! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I was having a chuckle over your flag....it represents so many of us....it is just quilter perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is the cutest darn flag I've seen yet. It embodies just exactly the way I feel about quilting and sewing. You may have used Amy's lady but the idea is truly unique. Love it!! And it seems to fit your flip-flop flag pole perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  44. That is so incredibly cute!
    Sorry, I've been trying to post from my laptop, and it just wouldn't let me. Glad I have one computer that works right.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh, how fun!! I love this flag. The flag is absolutely adorable. You can tell she is having fun. I adore the addition of the HST and fabrics. I think you covered all the bases. You did an incredible job and captured the hearts of quilters. Thank you for giving me a chuckle and making me laugh at myself today. Many, many thanks for your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh Wendy I just love it. Perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh, that is just awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness is appreciated ... Thank you!