Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Door Stopped here ....

When I hear the phrase "don't let the door" ... "stop" is not the first word that comes to mind.  In fact,  in my mind, a few other words follow that phrase and on that track, my mind went from one thought to another and ended up thinking about shoes ...

I know ... right???  

Well ... it all connects in my head ...
that's the story I'm sharing and I'm sticking to it!
{chuckle}

So ...  when Madame Samm announced the Don't Let the Door Stop hop, this is where my creative thoughts brought me and this is what I have to share with you today:


You see, for the past several months I've been cruising websites, admiring very feminine, girly-girl, and ... pardon me, but ... sexy ... high heel shoes.  I've even created my very own Pinterest board and put together this tiny collage which I shared with you all in my Grow Your Blog Hop post for inspiration:


Yes, it took me 45 years to actually start thinking about these shoes.  No ... I don't wear these as I don't actually own any ... but seriously ...  they just LOOK so pretty and make you think very girly things.  Well, I think so anyway ...
{wink}

Without further adieu ... I share with you
The Heel Stops:

Not one or two, but three door stops.
Yep ... counting myself, there are three girls in my house ...
While my daughters are currently too young ... and will be for a VERY long time if I have anything to say about the matter ... I thought it'd be fun to bring in a little bit of the girly-girl to add to the nail polish, lip gloss, jewelry and .... well fun with some high heels.

There's purple with a ribbon bow: 

Red and black with the tailored look of buttons on the toe:

This one was the first I created ... 
The heel on this one is a bit shorter than the others so I tweaked the pattern a smidgen and made the other two to be assured the pattern would be use-able.  I've made this pattern available to anyone who wishes to purchase it at Craftsy ... link here.

Yep, that's right ... I designed this pattern for this hop.  As I said in earlier posts, these hops inspire and challenge me ... and with so much inspiration in this crowd of hoppers, I hope I met the challenge!!  Thank you for the continued inspiration Madame Samm!!

My daughters set up this picture, stating you can see the front, the sides, and the back of the door stops all in one picture and wanted to be sure that I used it here .... 
I think they were right.  Sure, it'd be cool to show you that this four-pound, bird-gravel and rice holder could stop a door, but I think these photos are much more appealing than my floors ... I also have been told this would make a very cool pincushion ... ideas are brewing!!

While the ideas continue to toss in my head, please visit my fellow hoppers today as we know we will be provided with further inspiration and displays of talent:

 February 3rd

Why-Knot-Kwilt -- you are here
 
 
 
 
 


I give my thanks to Carla from Creatin' in the Sticks for your marvelous leadership skills in not one, but two, simultaneous hops ... you truly earned your pompoms with this hop!

I also need to add the following for my cute little photo assistant:

Many thanks to my photo assistant for the shots taken for this post ...
no fluff was harmed in the making of this post {wink}

Can you guess I'm gonna have difficulty getting these Heel Stops returned for my use??
{laughing}

Aw, well, I can and will make another ... {wink}

Please remember my giveaway for the She Who Sews basket is open until the end of the day on February 7th .... winner will be contacted via email.  If you haven't commented yet, here's the link so you can.  To all of you that left me such sweet comments on that post ... I've been a bit occupied with this pattern but now that it's complete, I promise I will begin answering your comments!!  
Quilter's Honor!!

I did notice there were a dozen or more no-reply bloggers .... many of whom would like to win the giveaway ... and unless there is an email address or way to be contacted in the profile which I check, I'm so very sorry they will not be hearing from me in either answering comments, or if they win ....
{very sad face!!!}

Bless you for stopping by today and 
I wish you all a very wonderful day!!

Thank you again!!



68 comments:

  1. How cute are those!! I could never wear such pretty shoes, but how fun to dress up a room with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Wendy, I LOVE them. My house is so rustic and to have a little feminine shoe would be a lovely door stop. I know this couldn't have been an easy pattern to draw up... Thank you for great inspiration and a little girlyness. What a great gift these would be...
    Thanks for hopping and inspiring. Thank you for the sweet kind words and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy you are Shoe clever and I adore your door stops. In fact I rushed right over to Craftsy via your link and bought your pattern. Shoe easy! Thank you shoe very much for Hopping...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, those are the cutest door stops I have ever seen! Thank you for sharing these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is just too fabulous. I know a couple of girlies who would love to have one of those gracing their door. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to jump over to Craftsy sew now I can have new shoes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea for a doorstopper! Really the most creative I have seen. Well done, girlie grrrl! ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are so cute!! The purple is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great door stops…and smaller ones would make great pin cushions ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, these shoes are definitively welcome at my house!! Not that I can wear them, my godness, I have feet as large as airplanes, LOL, but I love looking at them and hope, that in another life, I will be able to stand at least 1 Minute in them, smile....
    You made me smile, you have the party shoes and another lady the working rodea boots..... Both of you are my fav of the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea. I love your shoe stopper, each of them are sew awesome. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stylish, simply put, simply mine now.....i just bought the pattern, very well written and photographed....kudos to you for putting at least 3 of your best feet - shoes forward. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute Wendy. Yours is a girly girl house I see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful way to have those fancy shoes and not get sore feet while trying to be fashionable. Sew cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shoe door stops are adorable. I wish I could wear high heels, but I'm just too old and they are too painful. I used to wear them back in my working days, but not quite that high. When I cleaned out my closet, I did keep a couple of pairs of fairly high ones. I thought maybe I could wear them to something that would be mostly a sit down situation. I think they would make adorable pin cushions, too. Don't we all love pincushions? You are very creative and your pattern is awesome. Thanks for joining in this hop and being a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally, TOTALLY, adorable!! ...and they even stay standing, which is more than I can say about me in those heels :) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wendy I am almost speechless - your creativity is simply a gift from God. I so wish you could just spend all your time doing things like this...anything with stitching involved seems to just seems to send your brain whirling into cute ideas! I'm off to buy the pattern! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh girly, girl, those are just too cute. My granddaughter would love one of those! Sadly those would be the only high heels I would own these days; old age and bad ankles! And your photo assistant, she needs a raise (or another pair of shoes)! She's a cutie pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so adorable!! and kudos to you for designing the pattern!

    I wore high heels in my teens to mid-twenties until I started chasing babies... Then I threw them out for a flat sole.. I have never put another pair on my feet since... and won't, now that I am in my 50's! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool and creative! Love all those high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the high heels. My friend Marjorie Would love these and she wears high heels. I don't know how she doesn't break her neck but she wears them with style. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL...here I am Marla!! Too funny!! Wendy I want those heels..hahaha. That is the best idea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very clever! How often do we kick a shoe over to hold a door open?

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is just about the cutest thing! Your amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wendy, You've made cute stylish door stops. Kuddos !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aw, Wendy, those are so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty for any girl's room...young or old! The picture of your daughter holding the door stops really gives a good idea of the size of the shoes. svonfumetti at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are the cutest door-stops thus far! Nice work! Very crafty and classy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. those shoes are amazing. one cuter than the next and shoes made out of shoe fabric! Love it. I could never wear shoes like those but can certainly admire yours. they would make cute pin cushions too. thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I like your shoes... Hihi. Just wonderful.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These look like my daughter. I may have to make one for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wendy, your shoes are the cutest! You are one creative and talented lady. I really love high heels. They would be awesome as pincushions, too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wicked Wendy has done it again! These are just the cutest doorstops I've ever seen and I know a few friends who would love them. You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh what a toe tapping tantalizing stop today! Very cute and so is the adorable model in the last photo!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  35. How adorable!!! Those are some of the sweetest doorstops I've ever seen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lol! Love them! Thanks for sharing. vickise at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. They are so cute... I love them. What a great idea you had there"

    ReplyDelete
  38. wonderful, wonderful and more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those are so cute! I wish I could wear shoes like that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Super!!!! Finally a high heel I wouldn't fall off of! lol Great Job Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sensacional... Que mulher não gosta de sapatos!
    E este é um luxo prá enfeitar a porta de entrada.
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, these are great--very feminine. I would love to make one for a pincushion--although I'm not girlie at all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, Wendy - These are fantastic - so cute and girly! Looks like your daughter loves them, too! Door Stop... I'd probably use it for a pincushion! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  44. such creative door stops. congrats on being picked on Mdm Samm's

    ReplyDelete
  45. I can't believe I never thought of a weighted shoe style doorstop! After all, shoes are what we generally used as stops at our house! Until this hop, we never had actual door stops! Yours are so cute and stylish. What a great way to have such cute shoes without having to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Didn't realize how large they were until I saw the picture with your daughter holding them. Fantastic idea and so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very cute idea Wendy! Love your assistant~ such a cutie! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, no...Cinderella keeps losing her shoe! This is such a fun idea. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  49. They are awesome!!! - Super clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Divine! You are extremely creative and exquisite stitcher too. These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  51. well, heck. I could wear those shoes as long as I didn't have to get up and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wendy you are so creative and come up with the neatest projects. I love the fabrics you chose and also the colors. When I was a teenager back in 50's we wore those high heels and boy that destroyed my back by the time I was in my late 20's.lol Blessings Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  53. these are wonderful and beautiful.......I would love to have one.... love the purple.........

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wendy I love your shoe door stops. Very feminine and the one with the bow reminds me of those classic 1940 shoes worn in the movies by Ginger Rodgers when she danced with Fred Astaire..Well done.
    cheers
    maggie

    maggiemine42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love high heels, yes It would make a cute pin cushion Your assistant looks happy. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is the kind of high heel I could handle. I would fall off any real pair. Your doorstops look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your doorstops are awesome! I don't wear high heels but I would like these! So cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh WENDY!!! I am adoring these!!! There are so many ways to make these little shoes!!! You are adorable to think of them and then to be able to actually create them and do it this well???? PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow! Those are just fabulous...the shoes and the idea. Congrats on a job very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I fell in love with these. thank you for sharing with us .

    ReplyDelete
  61. Very cool, added it to my craftsy cart ... Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. How very cute! I'd kill myself trying to walk on those 'real' shoes so this would be the only way for me to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness is appreciated ... Thank you!